Above: Jared Mees (#9) battling with defending champion Briar Bauman (N°1).
7th American Flat Track Championship crown for Jared Mees, 5th manufacturer title for Indian Motorcycle and the FTR (2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021)!
The extraordinary history of the FTR since its birth has continued unbelievably in 2021. The various riders on their FTRs crushed the competition by winning all the races of the 16 events. Indian Motorbike took the top 4 spots in the final 2021 standings and had 8 machines in the top 10.
Jared Mees added up the records in Flat Track where each race is extremely contested. He won 7 of the 16 events, preceding the 2019 and 2020 champion Briar Bauman who was unfortunately injured during the final stage. Jared fought through the pain after a knee operation in the middle of the season costing him valuable points in the standings but he continued to train hard and finished the season by winning five of the last seven races. With 60 career wins, seven crowns and multiple crowns and multiple records, Jared Mees is just two titles away from matching Scottie Parker’s record of nine championships.
“First and foremost, we wish Sammy and Briar a speedy recovery from their accident at this last event. It’s an unfortunate way to end the season, but we know these guys are warriors and will be back stronger than ever,” said Gary Gray, Vice President Racing, Service & Technology. “We also want send a huge congratulations to Davis Fisher and his team, as they put in incredible work and truly deserve this victory. We also cannot say enough about Jared Mees – a true competitor in every sense of the word. Congrats on number seven, Jared.”
Final standings of the 2021 American Flat Track Championship
1. Jared Mees - 312 pts - Indian Motorcycle FTR750
2. Briar Bauman - 297 pts - Indian Motorcycle FTR750
3. Brandon Robinson - 250 pts - Indian Motorcycle FTR750
4. Jarod Vanderkooi - 242 pts - Indian Motorcycle FTR750
5. JD Beach - 221 pts - Yamaha MT07
6. Davis Fisher - 202 pts - Indian Motorcycle FTR750
7. Brandon Price - 183 pts - Indian Motorcycle FTR750
8. Kolby Carlile - 169 - pts Yamaha MT07
9. Sammy Halbert - 161 pts - Indian Motorcycle FTR750
10. Bronson Bauman - 159 pts - Indian Motorcycle FTR750